Find Station

Woman Sues Mike And Ike Company, Claims Not Enough Candy In Box

A woman in California is suing the company that makes Mike and Ike because there’s not enough candy in the box.  

The woman bought a box of the candy for $4 at the movies and found it was nearly half air.  

So she started to investigate boxes of Mike and Ike and Hot Tamales (both manufactured by Just Born Quality Confections) and found that each was filled with only 54% candy with the remaining 46% being just air.

She is now suing the company on "behalf of all other purchasers of this particular product" for violating California's false advertising law.  She’s asking for a refund and demanding the candy company change its practices.

Source: SF Gate