Twitter isn't impressed that Julia Roberts has been named People's Most Beautiful Woman for a record fifth time.
Many took to social media to ask why the 49-year-old actress was chosen this year and lamented over the fact that the publication has once again given the honor to a white woman.
For what it's worth, Roberts who first graced the cover of the magazine's annual special issue at the age of 23 in 1991, right after starring in Pretty Woman says she's "very flattered" by the honor and will be sure to lord it over her pal George Clooney, who's only been named the magazine's Sexiest Man Alive twice.
Here are 10 reactions to her cover from more critical folks:
- Did I wake up in 1997? #JuliaRoberts
- Julia Roberts is the worlds most beautiful woman? When the f**k did Beyoncé die?
- Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful that being Julia Roberts. But it's 2017. Who's next, Martha Washington?
- I LOVE Julia Roberts, BUT how about Janelle Monae, Lupita Nyong'o, Eva Mendes, Priyanka Chopra, and MANY other women of color?
- Julia Roberts most beautiful woman in the world says @people? Okay, but she didn't win the popular vote.
- @People has always white washed their #MostBeautifulWoman list. So #JuliaRoberts being named seems logical.
- Voting someone the #mostbeautifulwoman seems like an antiquated concept. What's the criteria again @PeopleMagazine and who is judging?
- When was the last time Julia Roberts was in...anything, be honest.
- I love #JuliaRoberts as much as the next person but @people? With so many new & ground breaking stars, you couldn't go more...millennial?
- Black Twitter meeting up to figure out how Julia Roberts was voted most beautiful woman.