Man Dies After Eating Gas Station Nacho Cheese Sauce

 

A California man has died--and nine other people have been hospitalized--in the wake of an outbreak of botulism, a rare foodborne poisoning caused by the bacterium clostridium botulinum. 

The source? Processed nacho cheese sauce at a Sacramento gas station. 

Martin Galindo, the man who died, spent weeks in the hospital after consuming the sauce. He was on a ventilator before falling into a coma. 

The sauce has since been removed from the gas station, Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas. 

However, the California Department of Public Health has urged anyone who has visited a gas station to seek medical immediately if they experience double or blurred vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, or muscle weakness.

 

The latest in news, straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to the Johnjay and Rich newsletter!

title

Content Goes Here