ABC’s remake of Dirty Dancing premiered on Wednesday and viewers were quick to mock the cringe-inducing production on Twitter.
Here are 10 of their most brutal reactions:
- “This #DirtyDancing remake is like if an 8th-grade musical had a multimillion dollar budget.”
- “Netflix and Amazon Prime must be getting bombarded with searches for the original #DirtyDancing to cleanse everyone's soul of this disaster.”
- “Wow, If you are not watching the remake of #DirtyDancing, you made a good life choice.”
- “It's ‘I carried A watermelon!’ NOT ‘I carried HIS watermelon.’ Ugh. That line is legendary, you can't change it!!!”
- “YOU HAD ONE IMPORTANT LINE AND YOU MESSED IT UP!”
- “Nobody puts Baby in a remake. #Yikes”
- “This train wreck is the biggest disrespect to Patrick Swayze. It's horrible, I'd rather get a root canal.”
- “After 30 minutes of this remake I HAD to start watching the original!! #MyEyesAreBleeding #DirtyDancing PS. it's ‘I carried A watermelon.’”
- “This movie is like Sharknado, it's so damn bad, yet I can't bring myself to turn the channel."
- “There's like 12 good things about this remake and they are all Colt Prattes’ abs."
What is the best tweet you've seen about the Dirty Dancing premiere?