The new Guinness World Record holder for the most expensive milkshake ever made is the $100 LUXE Milkshake.
This pricey milkshake is served at Serendipity 3 in New York City.
It’s loaded with a bunch of high-end ingredients, including edible gold:
- Jersey milk – made from cows originally bred in the Channel Islands, which are popular for the high butterfat content
- Tahitian vanilla ice cream – sourced from premium slow-grown, sun-cured vanilla beans
- Devonshire luxury clotted cream – produced in Devon, England, this thick and rich cream is made from heating fine milk until a thick layer of golden cream forms on the surface
- Madagascar vanilla beans – as the most labour intensive to grow, the Madagascar vanilla plants, Vanilla
- Planifolia, take up to three years to produce beans that are intense in flavour
- 23 karat edible gold – this pure and edible gold creates a glimmering, golden sparkle when mixed with the other ingredients
- Whipped cream – a grass-fed cream, infused with a simple syrup of sugar and vanilla
- Le Cremose Baldizzone (donkey caramel sauce) – this rare sauce that is sweet and unique in flavour is made from
- Venezuelan cocoa, Piedmont hazelnuts, fresh donkey’s milk, and cane sugar
- Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries – produced in Luxardo, Italy, these cherries are dense and chewy with a sweet-tart flavor made with prized sour Marasca cherries and preserved in the fruit’s famed liquor