I was writing a note 2 friends who were getting hitched. I wrote congratulations then thought "Kristen! Arent u old & married? Dont u have any wisdome to share?!" When i was done, I realized Id written the A-Z of what keeps my marriage w/@daxshepard1 healthy. #HappyValentinesDay pic.twitter.com/d0ew7hydUL— Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) February 14, 2018
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, who began dating in 2007 and have been married since 2013, are candid about the hard work they put into their marriage.
And on Valentine's Day, Bell took to Twitter to share some valuable insight on relationships.
"I was writing a note to friends who were getting hitched. I wrote congratulations, then thought 'Kristen! Aren't you old & married? Don't you have any wisdom to share?!' When I was done, I realized I'd written the A-Z of what keeps my marriage with @daxshepard1 healthy," she wrote.
Her advice is listed
- Vulnerability always begets connections and intimacy. Stay vulnerable with each other.
- In 10 years, when the dopamine has waned, remember: life is a crazy ride. It’s a privilege to go through it with a partner.
- Take necessary separateness. It will make your marriage better.
- Loving someone despite their faults, failings or character defects is the most powerful, loving thing you can do.
- Rejoice in what makes the other person happy and allow them their individual interests.
- Know that everyone is doing the best they can with what they’ve got, so get a bigger emotional tool box to fix your problems.
To the man who I've known for an eternity yet learn new things about everyday; who has been with me through thick and thin(and loved my 47lbs of baby weight); who is as interested in PDA as I am; who tattooed my last name on his ring finger beacuse he hates jewelry; who always puts up our Xmas lights; and who never fails to mock my red carpet pose. I love u with my whole ♥️@daxshepard